top of page
Mon, Feb 05|
Old First Church
The Poetry of Physics
Time & Location
Feb 05, 2024, 7:30 PM
Old First Church, 1751 Sacramento St, San Francisco, CA 94109, USA
About the event
- Miguel Chuaqui, Ad Hoc (2023) for clarinet and viola. World Premiere, Earplay commission. A new work from the stellar Chilean-American composer dedicated to the great American composer, Andrew Imbre.
- Suzanne Sorkin, String Trio in Two Movements (200?) for violin, viola and cello. West Coast Premiere. Highly charged, beautifully crafted, and loaded with intricate counterpoint.
- Kaija Saariaho, Light and Matter (2014), for violin, cello and piano. Shards of kinetic energy, flickering spin, luminous textures and more inform this evocative trio.
- Ines Thiebaut, panta rhei (2022) for piano with electronics. The Greek Heraclitus’ (5 th century BCE) epigramatic panta rhei, meaning “everything flows”, inspires an ever self-renewing stream of dialogue between pianist and electronic sounds.
- Yotam Haber, Estro Poetico-armonico II (2014) for flute, clarinet, violin, cello and piano. West Coast Premiere. Like an ancient music passed down from afar, a delicate and poetic re-imagining of Benedetto Marcello’s 18 th century psalm setting.
bottom of page